The 7 Best Cat Food For Siamese Cats
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission.
The Siamese cat is the most glamorous cat breed around, known for its fluffy white coat and regal demeanor. These cats are calm and sweet, though they tend to be a bit high-maintenance. One of the most important aspects of caring for a Siamese cat is providing it with a healthy and balanced diet.
In this article, we’ll talk about tips for feeding your Siamese cat a healthy diet and we’ll provide some insight into choosing the right diet for your Siamese cat. We’ll also show you our top 7 picks for the best cat food recipes on the market today.
A Bit About Siamese Cats
Siamese cats are easy to recognize due to their unique features. What makes their appearance all the more exotic is their almond-shaped blue eyes and a triangular head with a mixed color on their face. This breed gets its name from the word “Siam”, which is the former name of Thailand.
These cats are some of the most famous Asian cat breeds and also one of the most intelligent and vocal. They are very sociable, loving, and loyal to their human companions. Also, these are gregarious little creatures that don’t mind being showered with affection and care by humans.
Do Siamese Cats Require A Different Diet?
Your Siamese cat is an obligate carnivore. What this means is that its body is able to digest and utilize nutrients from animal sources more efficiently than from plant sources.
Protein and fat are the two most important nutrients for your cat, and they should both come from animal sources. Plant sources can sometimes be used for supplemental protein or fat, but they shouldn’t appear at the top of the list.
The best proteins for your cat are meat, poultry, and fish. Animal proteins are complete proteins which means that they contain all of the essential amino acids your cat needs.
Fat provides a concentrated source of energy in the form of calories and it also provides the omega fatty acids your cat needs for healthy skin and coat. Your cat requires a minimum of 26% protein in its diet and 9% fat.
In addition to protein and fat, most cat foods contain some carbohydrate ingredients like grains and vegetables. Unfortunately, plant ingredients are more difficult for your cat’s body to digest which can contribute to smelly poop.
For the best results, choose a grain-free recipe made with limited carbohydrate content and fortified with probiotics to support healthy digestion.
Compare Best Cat Food For Siamese Cats
1. Smalls Fresh Minced Chicken Cat Food
2. Open Farm Wild-Caught Salmon Rustic Blend
Best Canned Food
3. Ziwi Peak Lamb Recipe Canned Cat Food
Best Dry Cat Food
4. Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
Best For Indoor Cats
5. Wellness CORE Grain-Free Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food, 2 Pound Bag
Best Wet Cat Food
6. Purina Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Wet Cat Food Variety Pack
Best For Sensitive Stomach
7. Hill's Science Diet Adult Indoor Chicken Recipe Dry Cat Food
805 kcal/kg or 135 kcal/156 g carton
Our Top 7 Recommended Cat Food For Siamese Cats Reviewed
Since Siamese cats need a diet that is specific to their breed and health, you will have to provide them with cat food that is specially tailored to satisfy their needs.
The right kind of cat food would be something that is high in natural protein that satiates their wild instinct that innately craves for a freshly caught prey.
As shown below are some of the recommended cat foods for Siamese cats.
Smalls Fresh Minced Chicken Cat Food
- Protein: 21.2% Min
- Fat: 8.05% Min
- Fiber: 0.4% Max
- Moisture: 66.1% Max
- Caloric Content: 550 kcal/package
- Fresh chicken (thigh and breast) as first two ingredients
- High in moisture for digestion and hydration
- Free from grains and fillers
- Low carbohydrate content (estimated under 2%)
- Doesn’t come proportioned in daily meals
- Some cats may be sensitive to chicken ingredients
Choose from a variety of wet food formulas including minced foods and pates, made with real animal proteins like chicken, turkey, and beef. Smalls also offers a selection of freeze-dried food and treats, all of which can be delivered right to your door in convenient monthly shipments.
If you’re looking for a nutritious, highly digestible cat food made with ingredients you can feel good about, Smalls is a brand worth considering.
Open Farm Wild-Caught Salmon Rustic Blend
- Protein: 8% Min
- Fat: 4% Min
- Fiber: 2% Max
- Moisture: 82% Max
- Caloric Content: 805 kcal/kg or 135 kcal/156 g carton
- Food Type: Fresh
- Made with high-quality ingredients to improve digestion and nutrition
- Rich in animal protein and naturally grain-free
- Delivered automatically in perfectly portioned packages
- Above average market cost.
This all life stage food has a blend of wild-caught pacific salmon that most cats will love. It has 8 percent crude protein, 4 percent crude fat, and 2 percent fiber, with very low carbohydrates suitable for overweight or diabetic cats.
37 percent of the calories come from protein, 45 percent of calories come from fat, and 18 percent of calories come from carbohydrates.
The food also has 82 percent moisture so it’s similar to a canned food in that regard and can help keep your cat hydrated. We think this would be a good fresh food choice for most Siamese cats. Open Farm also has a veterinary nutritionist on staff.
Ziwi Peak Lamb Recipe Canned Cat Food
- Protein: 8% Min
- Fat: 5.5% Min
- Fiber: 1% Max
- Moisture: 78% Max
- Caloric Content: 1325 kcal/kg
- Contains omega-6 fatty acids
- Contains 93% meat, organs, and New Zealand mussels
- Has real lamb as the first ingredient
- Not cheap
It is also rich in essential fatty acids for healthy skin Hypoallergenic formula that contains a limited number of ingredients to reduce the risk for food allergies. Overall it’s a great option for top of the line wet cat food.
Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
- Protein: 42% Min
- Fat: 18% Min
- Fiber: 3% Max
- Moisture: 10% Max
- Caloric Content: 390 kcal/cup
- Contains several sources of premium animal protein
- Rich in superfood ingredients for balanced nutrition
- Supplemented with chelated minerals and probiotics
- Contains some plant protein (pea and potato protein)
This cat food is a great option because it is protein-rich, full of healthy fats, and designed for optimal digestibility.
It features premium animal proteins like chicken, venison, and salmon with a blend of omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat. It is supplemented with probiotics and chelated minerals and provides a total of 42% protein and 18% fat.
Wellness CORE Grain-Free Indoor Formula Dry Cat Food, 2 Pound Bag
- Protein: 38% Min
- Fat: 12% Min
- Fiber: 5% Max
- Moisture: 10% Max
- Caloric Content: 445 kcal/cup
- Real meat is the first ingredient and is rich in protein
- No wheat, soy, corn, by-products, artificial flavors or colors
- Made in the US
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Some cats may not like it
- May cause urinary issues
It is protein-rich and its main ingredient is meat. Plus it’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids to support healthy skin and added glucosamine that supports joint function.
It’s completely grain-free, so your kitties will not have any stomach troubles.
So iff you have an indoor cat, this is great because it is specially formulated for its diet. Also, this recipe contains all the necessary nutrients that your cat will need to be in ideal shape.
Purina Fancy Feast Grilled Seafood Wet Cat Food Variety Pack
- Protein: 11% Min
- Fat: 4% Min
- Fiber: 1.5% Max
- Moisture: 78% Max
- Caloric Content: 92-96 kcal/can
- Complete balanced nutrition
- Provides essential vitamins and minerals
- Value for money
- Good for cats with digestive problems
- Contains fillers
- Cats may only like the gravy
It’s reasonably priced and is perfect for your kitties as it is made to please them.
It has a variety of slow-cooked flavors that provide dietary fat which helps in digestion and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins. So with 24 cans of variety goodness, your cat will never get bored.
Also, it gives them a hundred percent complete and balanced nutrition with essential vitamins and nutrients.
Hill's Science Diet Adult Indoor Chicken Recipe Dry Cat Food
- Protein: 31% Min
- Fat: 13% Min
- Fiber: 12% Max
- Moisture: 8% Max
- Caloric Content: 319 kcal/cup
- Formulated to address common concerns
- No prescription needed for purchase
- Complete and balanced nutrition
- Somewhat more expensive than regular cat food
- Contains corn and wheat ingredients (some cats are sensitive)
Hill’s Science Diet Cat Food comes in both dry food and wet food recipes, including variety packs of wet food to give your cat options.
Therefore, it is essential to provide a balanced and rich diet for your Siamese cat in order to avoid health problems as well as to keep it healthy and active.
Also, you can make fresh cat food for your cat, or if you are short on time, then you can consider one of the best cat foods as shown above.
However, be sure to consult your veterinarian before you make your choice. That’s because they know what’s truly the best for your Siamese kitty.
*This article is not a substitute for Professorial veterinary advice. Your vet can provide personalized suggestions relevant to your cat’s unique situation.